FotoWare is a Norwegian software company that delivers Digital Asset Management in more than 40 countries, together with our partners. We are 27 employees in Norway, Australia, Sweden, and Russia. FotoWare’s solution empowers teams and companies to find, manage, store and share digital content easily. Our solution is available on-premise; in the Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS marketplace and as a service (SaaS) leveraging the Azure cloud. FotoWare is the preferred choice for over 4000 customers globally, including the White House Historical Association, Wings of Support, The Financial Times, Volkswagen, Metropolitan Police.
FotoWare is expanding our international development team, seeking Software Developer to join
Join the diverse team of open and passionate people that love to tackle new initiatives. We make innovative products that people love and adopt in their everyday work. We continue to build our footprint in the international market, and our employees is a key asset in our value chain. We're seeking another software developer for exciting and challenging work.
Do you love building high performing back-end services and APIs? Would you like to build software that scales and is being used by thousands of customers worldwide? Are you stoked about cloud platform solutions and the opportunities they bring? Keep reading!
Great User Experiences are built on a solid foundation. We are looking for a developer that can maintain and expand our core services, and ensure that we transition smoothly from an on-premise monolithic solution to a horizontally scalable SaaS offering.
While stable and well-performing back-end services are essential, our primary target is delivering value to the end user. You will always have a holistic perspective and work tightly with the Front End Developers and User Experience experts to ensure a complete end to end delivery.
As a Software Developer at FotoWare, you are a part of FotoWare's product development team. Our team uses agile methodologies to ensure smooth delivery, and you will contribute and make a suggestion to how we can improve our processes. You will be involved in all aspects of the maintenance of the existing product range and development of new products according to FotoWare's current strategy. You take ownership of our products and strive towards delivering high-quality products to the end user. Our solution yields high customer retention rates, and solid, maintainable code bases are essential for future product quality.
- Taking part in the design and specification processes for FotoWare's product range. This requires the developer to keep up-to-date on all features in the product range and maintain an overview of related products and technologies.
- Taking part in the development and maintenance processes for FotoWare's product range. Adhere to FotoWare's coding standards and development practices.
- Write and maintain documentation, both inline in source code and externally, to document the architecture of FotoWare's products.
- Write and maintain technical documentation intended for FotoWare's Support Teams in order to assist them in their job of supporting the products. This includes, but is not limited to, Technical Notes, Troubleshooting Questionnaires, and Knowledge Base articles.
- Take an active part in the quality assurance process by writing, maintaining, and executing test plans. Developers must strive to achieve top-notch quality in all work performed. Communicate with our QA Team during test execution to identify and resolve issues.
- Assist Support Specialists in their work when support incidents are escalated.
- Run training sessions for FotoWare staff, customers, and partners when needed, and especially in conjunction with new product releases.
- Act as a technical lead for offshore developers such as front-end developers and test automation engineers.
- Team player, who works well independently and takes responsibility and ownership
- Drive and commitment to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solution oriented and ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Capable of managing and processing a large workload
- Curious about new technology and how it can benefit our customers
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn new things
- Positive, easy going and service minded.
- More than 3 years of experience with Software Development
- Relevant Education or real-world experience to match
- Excellent programming skills; masters C++ and Microsoft .NET (C#) on Windows platforms.
- Solid understanding of software architecture and capability of building long-term codebases.
- Experience with modern web technologies, such as RESTful APIs and MVC patterns.
- Knowledge of cloud offerings and services, experience with Microsoft Azure services is beneficial.
- Fluency in English and Norwegian.
What we offer:
- A central and exciting position in an international environment filled with possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Working at the heart of the company during a very exciting technical transition
- A variety of tasks and responsibilities
- A workplace that values flexible workstyles, work hours and diversity
- A culture of social interactions and sharing in an open-space and innovative work environment, meanwhile encouraging occasionally working in other locations that inspire you
- Access to desired learning resources, training, and courses
- Strong leadership and opportunities for staff input and inclusion
- Be part of an international network of partners in 41 countries
- A company with more than 20 years’ experience, with 4000 customers globally including the White House Historical Association, Wings of Support, The Financial Times, Volkswagen, Metropolitan Police
We encourage a culture of passion, collaboration, and curiosity. FotoWare strives to be the brand that every employee calls ‘home.’
In FotoWare, YOU can make a difference.
Does this sound like something to you? Are you ready to be part of the dream team who makes FotoWare grow in the future?
We would love to hear from you!
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible and at the latest 20. January 2018.
Seniority level: Mid-Senior to Senior
Reports to: CTO
Location: Aker Brygge, Oslo